Those of you who know me should know by now that Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. As soon as flip the page on my calendar to October I I pull my spooky decorations out of the attic and gleefully begin stringing orange and purple lights everywhere. I do however refrain from buying Halloween candy until the weekend before because I have two teenage boys who could eat their body weight in the stuff.
To distract my human garbage disposals from the candy I try to come up with alternatives for them. This year I think I’m going to try these yummies:
- Spider Deviled Eggs – Make deviled eggs as usual, but omit the paprika sprinkles. Instead top the eggs with a black olive, sliced in half lengthwise and placed cut side down. Then use the other half of the olive to make “legs” for the spider and place it around the half you placed. You can use the same idea to decorate a bite-size pizza too!
- Graveyard Dip – Make a taco dip as usual, but make the top layer either beans or the salsa layer. Then sprinkle green onions for “grass” and stick a few chips in as tombstones.
- Hot dog mummies – Still one of my favorites. Wrap hot dogs with dough (cut up can biscuits work nicely) to make them look like mummies. You can even slice one end to create legs.
- Bloody Finger Hot Dogs – Cut a hot dog to look like a finger by carving out a spot as a finger nail, then just make a few cuts where the two knuckles would be. Put it in a hot dog bun, then artfully decorate with ketchup.
- Cookies, cupcakes, and even pretzels can be decorated in dozens of ways that are cute or gruesome. Take your pick!
Whatever you do for Halloween I hope you have a fun and safe holiday!!
If you’re looking for a sexy spooky read, check out my Irish ghost story Ghostly Persuasion featured in the Emerald Isle Enchantment box set. Get seven sexy paranormal romances for only $0.99!!
Tullamore Castle Ireland is an enchanted place where the adventurous can expect the unexpected. Phantom lovers materialize in haunted beds, werewolves lurk in the woods, a vampire falls in love with a jewel thief, seductive Djinn appear the bedchambers, an enchanted lift carries lovers away, and a lonely griffin patrols the castle ramparts hoping to reclaim its long lost mate. And that’s just the beginning of Emerald Isle Enchantments steamy paranormal romance, with a magical Celtic twist.
- Katalina Leon, Lord Griffin’s Prize – A loyal griffin’s love is forever, but Ronan has only one day to win back his long lost lover.
- Dena Garson, Ghostly Persuasion – True love is a special kind of magic. But is it strong enough to break a three hundred year old curse?
- Rebecca Royce, Crimson Lust – Stealing a ruby made him a vampire. Now she’ll steal his heart.
- Rea Thomas, Desire and the Djinn – This Djinn can make all of Ciara’s sexiest desires come true.
- J.L. LaRose, Phantom Mischief – Should a girl scream and run for her life when pinned to the bed by a ghost performing the best sex ever? Not a chance.
- Louisa Masters, An Irish Flirtation – A last-minute change of venue has wedding planner Jillian on edge. Can the magic of Castle Tullamore and sexy Fin tempt her to throw away a lifetime of professionalism?
- Virginia Cavanaugh, Tell Me Your Secrets – Jesenia came to castle Tullamore hoping to find her muse, instead she was chased by a wolf right into the arms of sexy, mysterious Dorian.
EIE Buy Links
About Ghostly Persuasion:
Katie Ward came to Tullamore Castle in Ireland to fulfill her mother’s last request. When she meets the sexy spirit who frequents her suite she is drawn into in his plight. Despite a lifetime of denying her abilities she uses her time at the castle to unravel the mystery of his curse.
Seamus MacDonhnaill had been a woodworker at Castle Tullamore during one of the original expansions. Now, because of the selfish wants of scorned woman, he is cursed to wander the grounds in spirit form. After centuries alone, he’s elated to learn the beautiful American tourist staying in his favorite suite can not only see him but communicate with him.
The two are drawn closer as Seamus reveals not only Tullamore’s history but also the carnal delights to be found in the secret corners of the castle. Katie is determined to break the spell on him before returning to America. To do it she’ll have to enlist the help of the local witch and a few castle ghosts but a chance at true love is worth the risk.
Be sure you enter the Snarkology Hop Giveaway. The grand prize is (2) $100 Gift Card (Amazon, B&N, or iBooks), (2) $50 Gift Card (Amazon, B&N, or iBooks). You can enter the drawing by following this link to Rafflecopter: a Rafflecopter giveaway
For those of you who stopped by my site, I’m giving away a spiderweb jewelry pouch, bar of Irish Charms handmade soap from Dawn’s Skin Like Silk, ribbon bookmark, shamrock bracelet, light-up ring, some author swag, and a package of “Ghost Farts” candy. All you have to do to enter my site drawing is leave a comment below telling me what candy you HATED (still hate??) to see in your trick or treat bucket. I’ll draw a winner on Tuesday, Nov. 1st and announce it here on my site.
Hop over to the other sites in the hop by following this link: http://www.thesnarkology.com/snarkology-halloween-hop-oct-26-31st/
Some of the other Emerald Isle Enchantment authors have stops in this hop – make sure you stop there: