We’re Hopping between Oct. 27 – Oct. 31, 2014
Over 50 participating bloggers
LOTS of prizes will be given away including the grand prize of a $100 Amazon or B&N gift card!
I know I’ve said it before, but I LOVE Halloween. I love the change in the weather. I love decorating my house and work cubicle with lights and lots of fun stuff. And I really love dressing in costumes because for a day you can be anything you want! I think it’s the most fun holiday of the entire year!
For those of you throwing a Halloween party or those who need to take snacks to one, here’s a few of my favorite spooky-ookie food ideas:
- Mummy Mini Pizzas – Just take a mini bagel or English muffin or whatever small round bread you want to use as the base, slice it in half so you have the flat side up. Cover it with pizza sauce. Add two black olives (the flat ones, not whole) for eyes. Then lay white cheese strips (mozzarella presumably) below and a few above the eyes so it looks like mummy wrappings. The red pizza sauce peeking through lends a nice bloody body effect.
- Dirt & worms – A super easy thing to do. Just crumble Oreo cookies for the “dirt” and add gummy worms for effect. You can add the “dirt” to the top of a cup of chocolate pudding, stand a vanilla cookie up on one side as a tombstone (Milanos are great for this! You can even write on it with icing). Add a worm for effect. And you’ve got an in instant grave! In a cup. Or cover an entire cake with it. You can use the dirt & worms anywhere on your buffet for decoration.
- Jello Brains – Someone has made a gelatin mold that is shaped like a brain. Kinda gross but makes fun food! You can also use it to make brain shaped dip or cheese spread. Don’t forget to add food coloring or gummy worms!
- Rice Krispy Treats – I love Rice Krispy treats. Not only are they tasty but you can shape them into almost anything you can imagine. Roll them flat and cut them out with cookie cutters. Cut them into squares and decorate them as Frankenstein heads. Roll them into balls and decorate them to look like pumpkins or maybe even eyeballs.
- Mummy hotdogs – Roll canned biscuits flat then cut them into strips and wrap them around a hotdog leaving a small gap toward one end for the eyes. Bake them. Then when you’re ready to serve, use two drops of mustard for the eyes.
- Deviled eggs – Add some green food coloring to the egg mixture then fill the white egg part as usual. Top the egg with a black olive slice and a red pimento for the pupil. You can also use red food coloring to make the whites of the “eyeball” appear bloodshot.
There are dozens of creative food ideas out there. What is your favorite or your specialty? Leave me a comment and you’ll be entered to win an ebook from my backlist (winner’s choice). On Saturday, Nov. 1st I’ll have an unbiased party (one of my kids) pull a name from the hat . BONUS: If your name is drawn and you’ve friended me on Facebook, I’ll throw in a swag pack that includes a beaded purse charm/zipper pull.
Be sure you check out my paranormal romance, Ghostly Persuasion. It’s the perfect read for this time of year!
When American-born Katie takes her mother’s ashes home to Ireland, she finds hunky but spellbound Seamus loitering in her suite at Castle Tullamore. Seamus is surprised Katie can see and hear him because he was turned into a spirit three hundred years earlier. He acts as her personal tour guide, not only showing her the historical sights but introducing her to voyeurism and a variety of other carnal delights. As frustrating as it is not to be able to touch each other, they push the limits as far as possible.
Katie is determined to help Seamus break the spell cast on him by the wife of a previous lord, a woman he refused to take as a lover. With help from a few castle ghosts and the local witch, the two of them aim to free him and find a way to be together in the flesh.
And there’s even a book trailer video: http://youtu.be/k3BGHI1bwd4
The blog hop coordinators will be giving away a $100 Amazon or B&N gift card and two $15 Amazon or B&N gift cards. Winners will be drawn on Nov. 1st. To enter the drawing follow this link to Rafflecopter: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make sure you visit the other sites in the hop. There will be lots of prizes given away by the hosting authors as well as the Grand Prize from the hop coordinators! It’s like Trick or Treat for readers!!
NOTE – I was unable to add the Linky List of participants so here are the links to our hop host and the hop participants just before and after me in the list: