Welcome to my stop in the Baby, It’s Cold Outside! Blog Hop!
It is definitely cold outside today! We had a few days of sunny weather but then it dipped again. Burrr!
As I huddled under my blanket in front of the fireplace, I started thinking about all of the things that help make the winter chill more bearable. With a little effort I was able to narrow it down to my top ten. See if you agree:
- My favorite blanket. Actually, I have two – identical except for color. They are super soft, thick, fuzzy fleece. I’m hard pressed to think of anything snugglier.
- Fuzzy house shoes. Memory foam slippers covered in hot pink, shaggy fur. In the winter, I can’t wait to get home from work, kick off my heels and put these on. Instant relief!
- Flannel pj bottoms. I have five or six pair. Paired with a well worn tee and they’re excellent for lounging in.
- Fur lined boots. I don’t know who came up with these, but I thank God for them every time I have to go out in the snow or ice.
- Flannel lined jeans. These are great for sitting in the bleachers or on the sidelines at the kids’ games. It’s amazing how much of the cold and wind they keep out.
- Gas logs in the fire place. My brother installed them for me a few years ago and I love, love, love them! No firewood to chop or haul or keep termites out of. All I have to do is light the pilot light once a year then turn a knob for instant warmth.
- Bathroom heater. I HATE to be cold when I get out of the shower. This bad boy can turn my little bathroom into sauna in minutes. Ahhh!
- Cuddle socks. It’s like having my favorite blanket wrapped around my feet. Only problem is walking on the hard wood or tile floor. They’re a tad slippery.
- Corn/rice/bean bag neck rolls. It’s those bean bags you can toss into the microwave then lay across any muscle that aches. Great for chasing away a chill too. I put them on my feet or hold them in my lap to warm up.
- Hot chocolate. It’s hot. It’s chocolate. ‘Nuf said.
What would you add? Leave me a comment with your ideas.
Make sure you clicked on the hop banner so you can get registered to win prizes. And don’t forget to visit the other sites in the hop. The more sites you visit, the greater your chances of winning! There are lots of prizes! I’m giving away an electronic copy of the winner’s choice of any of my backlist books as well as a few other goodies.
To see my backlist, you can follow any of these links:
Our fabulous hop hosts will announce the winner(s) at the end-of-hop live chat on Sunday, Jan. 5th, at 7PM Eastern.
Link to the main hop page at: http://justromance.me