Welcome to Sam Cheever’s annual Trick or Treat contest!
To play, just read the excerpt from Ghostly Persuasion, below, and the question at the end. Send an email with your answer to the question to email@example.com. Then move on to the next author on the street. Repeat this process at each successive author’s house until you get through all 13 authors.
Please take some time to look around at each site. Some of the authors will be providing fun tidbits and free stories for your reading pleasure! If an author looks like someone you’d like to read, follow their blog, facebook or twitter or consider signing up for his/her newsletter.
On Halloween night at Midnight, each author will pick a winner from the emails sent to her site and send the name to the host, Sam Cheever. On November 1st, Sam will pick the winner of the grand prize basket from those 13 winners.
The grand prize baskets will include an assortment of the following.
- 2 Kindle paperwhite readers!
- Halloween t-shirts
- A boxed e-set of Sam Cheever’s Halloween books
- Halloween Decorations
- Halloween Candy
- A copy of The Late Great Show! from Gary K. Wolf
- A signed copy of Settler’s Mine: The Rivals and other promo items from Mechele Armstrong
- A bag full of autographed swag and a one of a kind bracelet/earring set from Wendi Zwaduk
- Romance Books ’4′ Us tote and size XL tee
- A necklace, bracelet and mug from M.L. Guida
- Signed print copy of True Blue Love from Melissa Lopez
- Signed copies of Silent Screams and Shadows & Dust from Yvonne Nicolas
- Black leather mini note pad & pen set and promo items from Dena Garson
- A necklace and earrings and a copy of Dogspell from Lizzie T. Leaf
- A Tote Bag filled with swag, an XL t-shirt and two autographed books from AuthorIsland.com
- A signed print copy of her latest dark paranormal romance, The Dark Huntsman from Jessica Aspen
Only one trip down the street and you must be at least 18 years of age to play!
Good luck everybody and have fun!
From the following excerpt from Ghostly Persuasion, tell me what you think The Dungeon is.
Katie took a moment to memorize the door they had come through in case she needed to find it again. From the corner of her mouth she whispered to Seamus, “What the hell have you gotten me into?”
“Just exploring your darker side.”
She walked along the outer edge of the large, central room, looking at the furnishings and the people milling about. “What dark side? I’m not aware that I have one.”
“Everyone does. Some are just darker than others,” Seamus replied. “I’m curious about yours.”
“I suspect you’re going to be disappointed.”
“I doubt it, Little Katie.”
Katie turned to look at him. Even with the lower lighting she could see the sincerity and even a touch of admiration in his expression.
Heat warmed her cheeks. “Thank you.” She continued her stroll along the perimeter. When she passed one of the doorways she slowed her pace and looked down the darkened passage.
She could hear voices but not well enough to know what they were saying. A crack echoed in the small area, startling Katie. Her gaze flew to Seamus. “What was that?”
“What did it sound like?” he asked.
“A whip,” she whispered harshly.
“It probably was.”
“Seriously?” Katie’s voice squeaked.
“Hard to say. I’d have to look to be sure.”
“I’d say that was a very noticeable sound, wouldn’t you?” she asked, somewhat offended.
“Normally, yes, but that sound could have also been a leather-encased hand making contact with a bare arse.”
Katie’s mouth fell open. She blinked to clear the image from her mind. “What?”
“It’s very possible down here.”
She put one hand on her hip and held up the other one in a “stop” gesture. “Okay. Where exactly is here?”
“The Dungeon,” he said without inflection.
“And what exactly is the Dungeon?”
He smiled that smile that made Katie think he knew something she probably needed to know.
“It’s a place for people with similar interests to get together in a safe environment.”
Katie had the feeling there was more to what he was telling her.
“The woman who led us in here said something about engaging in play. What did she mean by play?” she asked.
“She meant sexual play.”
“Sex?” Her eyes nearly bugged out of her head.
“No. Sexual play.”
“There’s a difference?” she asked.
“In here? Absolutely.”
“I’m still confused,” Katie admitted.
With a jerk of his head, he said, “Come on. It’ll be easier to show you than to explain.”
The Dungeon where Seamus has led Katie is a(n):
- Daycare center for demons, werewolves and other paranormal creatures
- Place where they lock up convicted criminals
- BDSM club at Tullamore Castle
- Leftover set from the movie ‘The Pit and the Pendulum’
- Area at Katie’s employer where the Accounting Department is located
Send your answer to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org then move on to the next author’s house on the street. Browse all of the houses at your leisure. You have until midnight on Halloween to complete your journey!